António Teixeira Lopes (1866 - 1942) began learning sculpture in his father's workshop in 1881. In 1882 he joined the Oporto Academy of Fine Arts, where he was a student of Soares dos Reis and Marques de Oliveira. In 1885, he went to Paris to complete his studies. He joined the École des Beaux-Arts, where he had as mentors Gauthier and Berthet, achieving several awards. In the following years he continued to show works in exhibitions (Portugal and France). Between 1899 and 1904 he made works of particular importance. In 1900 he participated in the Universal Exhibition of Paris, where he was awarded the Grand Prix and was made a Knight of the Legion of Honor. This success consolidated his position and, in 1901, he took the place of teacher of sculpture at the Oporto Academy of Fine Arts.On October 5, 1934, he was awarded the Grand Cross of the Military Order of Sant'Iago da Espada.
Dit unieke product wordt aangeboden op het online platform Catawiki. Bekijk de website en doe een bod